Friday, March 12, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

  • 4 large chicken breast halves
  • 1 large red pepper, seeded, sliced
  • 1 large green pepper, seeded, sliced
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp. crushed basil
  • ½ tsp. oregano
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3 T. olive oil
  • 12 flour tortillas
Rebekah has been wanting Chicken Fajitas, so she and I made this today.  Heat oil in large skillet.  Add in garlic, sliced green and red peppers, and onions.  Add spices. Thinly slice chicken and add to pan.  I sliced mine about ¼ inch thick.  Cook on medium high, uncovered for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
If you have very much liquid left from the vegetables, tilt pan and spoon out liquid into a small bowl.  Some people like to use this for dipping.
We served ours with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes.  Some recipes I found online served them with salsa.
These were soooo good!  I just wish I had made extra for leftovers tomorrow!  =)
Other ingredients on various recipes I saw:
1 tsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. black pepper, cilantro, 2 tsp. lime juice to sprinkle over top, 1 tsp. ground cumin.

No comments: