- ½ stick of butter, more if for dipping
- ½ t. garlic powder,more if for dipping
- 1 t. parsley flakes
- ¼ t. oregano
- 6 slices of ham
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough, not thin crust (prevents tearing)
- 2 - 4 T. pizza sauce (optional), plus extra for dipping. I would probably only use 2 T. since I'm also using the garlic butter. I don't want it to run off the edge. =)
Cut the ham into small squares with pizza cutter and add to mixing bowl. Add mozzarella cheese, onions, and pizza sauce. Stir together until you can see the parsley (or sauce if you used it) is evenly distributed throughout.
I made mine without sauce this time. It wasn't dry because of the butter and melted cheese.
►Spray cookie sheet, and lightly spray plastic cutting board if you have one. Unroll pizza dough onto cutting board (easier to handle if cold), stretching slightly. With pizza cutter, cut into eight pieces.
►Spoon 1/3 - 1/2 c. mixture onto each piece in center, making sure none is near the side edges. Pick up the dough by the thickest end and stretch slightly as you fold it over to the other end. Press edges together with fork, being careful not to puncture the dough. Carefully place on greased cookie sheet.
►Bake at 425º for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
Great with salad!
►Serve with pizza sauce or garlic butter (1 stick butter to 1 t. garlic powder).
JohnDavid even liked it without pizza sauce in it. =)
It was a success!!!