- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 c. cubed chicken, not cooked
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- 4 oz. mushrooms, optional
- 3 cups (16 oz. frozen bag) cooked broccoli, chopped
- ½ c. ranch dressing (leaving this out next time)
- ½ c. white Alfredo sauce (using 1 cup next time)
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 11-oz. tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg, beaten
~If you have one, use a skillet with oven-safe handles. Heat oil in skillet, add onions, mushrooms, seasonings, and chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
~Cook broccoli, drain.
~After chicken is cooked, stir in broccoli, ranch dressing, and Alfredo sauce.
~In oven-safe skillet, sprinkle cheese over mixture and remove from heat. Or pour mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
~Unroll dough and lay over top of skillet or casserole dish. Fit dough over the edge of pan and cut off corners of dough. Create a crust by rolling any excess dough down, and then stuffing along inside the edge of pan. (My edges that were higher browned first.)
~Brush with beaten egg and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
Source: adapted from Hidden Valley Ranch recipe in Woman's Day magazine.
The dough was much bigger than I realized, and it would easily cover a rectangular dish, with leftovers for JohnDavid's. I still have a little in a zip-loc baggie in the fridge. 2/12/10 ETA: I looked again at the pizza dough at the store, and saw another tube, and realized I'd gotten the thin crust -- slimmer, longer tube.