Friday, January 8, 2010

Oven Baked Salmon

I never cook salmon, in any way.
I had some salmon fillets in the freezer, and Travis had been wanting me to cook them.  So I googled it and found so many different recipes -- some for 8-10 minutes, or 15, and one for 45!  I decided to bake it, and this is what I came up with.
  • 1-2 lb salmon 
  • 1-2 T. lemon juice
  • garlic salt
  • oregano or basil
Line baking dish with foil and pour in a couple of tsp. of oil.  Place salmon in pan skin side down.  Drizzle a little lemon juice on the salmon, rubbing it in.  Liberally sprinkle on garlic salt and oregano or basil.
Cover loosely with foil.


I baked it at 350º for 17 minutes, then uncovered it and put it on broil on HIGH for 3 minutes to get it a little brown.  (Drain liquid if necessary, before broiling)
(ETA: If frozen, it will take at least 45 minutes at 350°.)


I ended up letting the thawed salmon sit in the lemon juice, etc. for around 20 minutes before baking, because I still had potatoes in the oven, baking on a different temperature.  I also read that it can be baked at 450º, so next time I may just add it to the oven after my potatoes have baked a little and adjust the cook time.  Also great with slaw, although I didn't have any on my plate when I made this picture.  Slaw does not make a great picture!  =)


The kids did like it, but I couldn't say it was a real hit with anyone but Travis and me.  =)

No comments: