- 2 carrots, sliced (I use more)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (I use more)
- Several quartered potatoes if you have room
- 1 whole broiler/fryer chicken, 3-4 lbs. (I’ve also used chicken breasts or chicken legs, which is good for smaller crockpots, or if you want more veggies)
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- ½ c. water or chicken broth
- ½ t. dried basil
Rebekah made the rice, and Bethany made the biscuits.
This is for a large crockpot. Mine is a 5-quart. Adjust recipe for smaller crockpots.