Saturday, December 26, 2009

Creamed Potatoes

What???
Yeah, I know.  Creamed potatoes is one of the most basic things to make.  But I've actually been asked how I make mine, so I decided this time I'd actually measure my ingredients!  lol
  • about 5 lbs, or 12 medium potatoes (I fill my colander level to the top - this is what will fit into my cooking pot)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • ½ c. sour cream
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 t. pepper
I peel and slice my potatoes, then wash them in the colander.  I gently boil them about 25 minutes, until nice and soft, and when I stir them with my spoon, they break apart easily.  Drain most of the water, using the colander.  Pour all potatoes back into the pot.  Put in the butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper.  Mash with a potato masher.  Stir up the bottom "corners" of the pot to get any unmixed potatoes and mash again.
So easy!  But I'd never actually measured, so here it is.  =)

No comments: